On June 18, OPWDD is hosting a statewide video conference for individuals and families on self-directed service options and how it relates to their larger initiatives. The video conference will help further the understanding and importance of self-direction. This video conference will explain:
- What self-direction is
- What your responsibilities are if you choose to self-direct
- What assistance is available to help you self-direct
- What services you can self-direct
- Who you can contact to learn more about self-direction
- How self-direction connects to OPWDD’s transformation agreement and reform efforts
To register to attend one of the two sessions being offered, please complete the registration form at www.surveymonkey.com/s/Self_Direction_June2013_VC or call 518-473-1855. The videoconference will also be recorded and made available on the OPWDD website.
There will also be statewide conferences on the new Front Door Access to Services Information for Individuals and Families. Please go to http://www3.opwdd.ny.gov/wp/wp_catalogy0109.jsp for more information and to register.